Today while doing digital marketing we do both blogging and vlogging. Today there are multiple platforms to blog like medium, WordPress, Blogspot, and multiple platforms to do vlogging such as youtube, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. Digital marketers are using these platforms for multiple backlinks and connections.
In this blog, we will be sharing points on how blogging and vlogging are different and which is the best for you.
- Equipment cost for blogging is almost close to 0 as there is no fancy equipment required, just you plain laptop or tablet will do for blogging. Believe me, I have seen people microblogging from mobile phones too.
- You cannot stream live or get on an online event like in the case of vlogging and that is a big disadvantage in terms of comparison.
- When it comes to selling products the details can be specified in writing but we all know that a video will always triumph the appeal of written content. So when you are trying to sell a product or service it is better to have a vlog instead of a blog.
- You can write a blog sitting anywhere and the surroundings do not matter plus the content creation time is comparatively less if creating the same kind of content. (still, it depends on how much research one is doing while creating)
- Equipment cost is higher depending on the quality of equipment. You might need to have a camera or video camera while recording a vlog for quality and even mic and good editing skills when you are doing it. So compared to blog it is in most cases expensive to vlog.
- Online events can be streamed, online live streams can be initiated to create a crowd interaction and it provides a very nice boost to your page or profile while doing so.
- When it comes to selling products vlog is a better option as the visual appeal of the product is appreciated while buying and plays a major role.
- It takes comparatively more time to create a vlog if you are creating for at least 12 mins video. Also, you might need to take retakes in it to present properly, and preparing the setup and script is a time-taking process.
So this was the comparison between blogging and vlogging, let us know in the comments which one you like more and if you are looking for a digital marketing agency in Ahmedabad then CPBG Digital might be a good fit for you.